Community Researchers. 10 Positions
Towards Inclusive Partnerships: The political role of Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and the Official Development Aid System.
The study seeks to investigate both the enabling and impeding factors regarding the CBOs political role. By focusing on the everyday dynamics and practices of CBOs, this research embeds answers to vital policy questions concerning: –
- The type of support needed for CBOs
- The criteria for establishing eligibility for support
- The relationship between local contexts and the CBO’s political roles.
QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Peer Education certificate from Nascop
- Good communication and mobilization skills
- Good Interpersonal and time management skills
- Negotiation and decision-making skills
- Good recording keeping and reporting skills
- Ability to work and deliver results with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player.
- Must be member of the MSM Community
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The community researchers will work for 8 Months, 3 days a week under supervision of British institute East Africa ( BIEA) junior researcher together with HOYMAS project coordinator
- Conduct 5 months of ethnographic research (2 days a week) and data analysis/report writing & collective data evaluation/research preparation sessions (1 day a week)
- Conduct 3 months of interviews (2 days a week) and data analysis/transcription/report writing & collective evaluation/research preparation sessions (1 day a week)
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org By 28 th March 2018
CLICK here to download PDF.
HOYMAS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition, HOYMAS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.