Position: Social Worker
Number of positions: One
Reports to: Programmes Manager
Working Hours: Full time
Health Options for Young Men on HIV/AIDS/STI’S (HOYMAS) was registered on 18th September 2009 as a healthcare service providers, security authorities and society in general). Our organization presently Community Based Organization (CBO) as per the Kenya Government Regulations. Our organization has the mandate to improve the health, wellbeing and social welfare of MSM/MSW in Kenya. Our main programs focus on fighting stigma, discrimination, violence, human and health rights violations against MSW (by for instance has a membership of 3,500 MSM/MSW in Nairobi, and a growing membership nationwide.
Our organization presently has a clinic wing that offer health services including HIV and AIDS and STIs diagnosis, treatment, care, and management. The clinic formerly run by SWOP is now fully community led and run. There are about 2000 MSW currently accessing services in the HOYMAS clinic.
In line with achieving our mission and vision, HOYMAS will be expanding its reach to Nyeri County and we are hiring a Social Worker to conduct a supervisory role for the project on the ground.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPOSNIBILITES
- Conduct a support supervisory role for the project on the ground.
- Monitor and recommend changes to programme operations.
- Be the point on-ground for LINKAGES to the DIC
- Organize and lead all community events, including outreaches, health talks, hotspot visits etc.
- Working closely with The Project officer to plan and mobilize for termly events
- Coordinate with Senior Administrative Manager and Project Assistant to ensure programme operations run smoothly.
- Make follow ups on matters arising from case reports, which will require visits to hotspots and liaising with PE and outreach workers.
- Be the primary contact person for the the peers on the ground for any issues or problems that may arise, providing emotional support and helping students to resolve their issues
- Submit to the supervisor weekly written reports narrating all activities and making recommendations
Must be proficient in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Social work policies, procedures, methods, ethics and professional standards
- Familiar with social work standards, information gathering systems and methods; Ability to proficiently manage and operate community programme;
- Effective verbal, written, presentation and listening communications skills.
- The Person must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the Community Social worker with high level of integrity and honesty and be able to work under minimum supervision.
- Mature with excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Must have a Certificate in Social Work or its equivalent from a reputable institution with at least three (3) years post qualification work experience in social work and preferably in an informal sector.
- Must be proficient in Outlook and Microsoft Office documents
Send your application clearly stating the position applying for in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 February 2018.
CLICK here to download PDF.
Please note that, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
HOYMAS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition, HOYMAS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.