Towards Inclusive Partnerships: The political role of Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and the Official Development Aid System.
The study seeks to investigate both the enabling and impeding factors regarding the CBOs political role. It explores the operational realities in which CBOs operate and it analyses the ‘chaos of urgencies’ such as donor demands, economic as well as social emergencies of members.By focusing on the everyday dynamics and practices of CBOs, this research embeds answers to vital policy questions concerning: –
- The type of support needed for CBOs
- The criteria for establishing eligibility for support
- The relationship between local contexts and the CBO’s political roles.
QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree preferably BA in Social Sciences with 3 years’ experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good writing and organizational skills.
- Strong presentation and training skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain community networks and to engage with a range of stakeholders.
- Approaches sex work community activism from a human rights perspective.
- Fluent in key languages English and Kiswahili and sheng
- Good IT and computer skills.
- Familiar with the issues regarding sex work in Urban Nairobi
- Experience working with Sex Worker is an added advantage
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaise with HOYMAS leadership on research project
- Liaise with counterpart at GF
- Liaise with all consortium partners on research organization and activities, including financial reports and deliverables
- Liaise with junior researcher on Community-led research
- Liaise and work with senior researchers on research activities including logbook, organizing/attending meetings/conferences, facilitating junior researchers, etc.
- Support junior researcher at HOYMAS
- Attend meeting and conferences
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org By 27th March 2018
Click here to download PDF.
HOYMAS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition, HOYMAS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.