Accepting applications from: 8th Feb 2019 to 14th Feb 2019
Reports to: Head of Programs
Health Options for Young Men on HIV/AIDS/STIs in Kenya (HOYMAS -Kenya) was formed in May 2009 by Male Sex Workers and people living with HIV and AIDS and is registered as a Community Based Organization (CBO) by the Ministry of Social Services and Gender. HOYMAS serves male sex workers and young men and MSM with practical knowledge on safe sex, preventive materials distribution, general information and also economic empowerment.
Reporting to the Head of programs, the job holder is responsible for Planning, Implementation, Coordination, Supervision and Evaluation of clinical services offered to HOYMAS Nyeri members their eligible dependents.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Taking history, examining, diagnosing and treating patients.
- Liaising with other health personnel for efficient delivery of patient care.
- Guiding and counseling patients/clients and other staff on health issues.
- Sensitizing patients and clients on preventive and pro motive health.
- Referring patients and clients to appropriate clinics/specialists.
- Teaching of students undertaking training in their field.
- Implementing community health care activities in liaison with other health workers.
- Collecting and compiling clinical data.
- Carrying out minor surgical procedures as per training and skills.
- Assessing, preparing and presenting medico – legal reports.
- Organizing health management teams and convening health management committee meetings.
- Effective supervision, training and development of staff working under him/her
- Coaching and mentoring students on attachment.
- Be a holder of Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery or any other related field from a recognized institution
- A Masters in a health related field from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Be registered with the Clinical Officers Council of Kenya
- Possess Annually Practicing Certificate by the Kenya Medical Board
- A member of the SOGIE community will be an added advantage.
- Trained in Health Care Management
- Have not less than five (5) years’ experience in delivery of clinical services with at least three (3) years served at supervisory level
Applications should be submitted on or before 14th February, 2019.
The application can be sent via email email@example.com OR it can be dropped at the HOYMAS Offices
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of the credential and names and contact of three referees.
Persons who identify as SOGIE are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.