Accepting applications till: 14th March 2019
Reports to: Head of Programs
Health Options for Young Men on HIV/AIDS/STIs in Kenya (HOYMAS -Kenya) was formed in May 2009 by Male Sex Workers and people living with HIV and AIDS and is registered as a Community Based Organization (CBO) by the Ministry of Social Services and Gender. HOYMAS serves male sex workers and young men and MSM with practical knowledge on safe sex, preventive materials distribution, general information and also economic empowerment.
We are looking for a qualified registered nurse to promote and restore patients’ health. You will work with a variety of patients and you will provide direct nursing care along with physical or psychological support when required.
- Identify patients’ care requirements, focus on their needs and act on them
- Nurture a compassionate environment by providing psychological support
- Resolve or report on patients’ needs or problems
- Prepare patients for examinations and perform routine diagnostic checks (monitor pulse, blood pressure and temperature, provide drugs and injections etc)
- Monitor and record patient’s condition and document provided care services
- Treat medical emergencies
- Administer workloads
- Follow care regulations and standards
- Work within and cooperate with a multidisciplinary team
- Proven nursing experience
- Familiarity with professional and technical emerging knowledge
- Problem solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Compassionate with good communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- BS or diploma in nursing
Applications should be submitted on or before 14th March, 2019.
The application can be sent via email firstname.lastname@example.org OR it can be dropped at the HOYMAS Offices
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of the credential and names and contact of three referees.
Persons who identify as SOGIE are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.