We envision empowered gay and other male sex workers, including those living positively with HIV, enjoying their human rights and access to stigma-free health care.
To promote health and human rights, while sustainably facilitating the economic empowerment of gay and other male sex workers including those living positively with HIV in Kenya.
- Training, on-site learning and exchange visits
- Peer education, open dialogues, concerts, health-talks and focus group discussions
- Post test therapy and care
- Behaviour change programs
- Home based care, feeding and nutritional support
- Sustainable livelihood
- Harm reduction
- Building linkages, collaboration & referrals
HOYMAS runs its programs based on 5 thematic areas that relate to; promotion and safeguarding of human rights; access to stigma-free health care; organizational development and sustainability, partnerships and linkages; and empowerment of our members. To safeguard the human rights of our members, we are actively involved in sex work advocacy through media campaigns, on-the-streets protests and social action, as well as policy change and reform through strategic partnership with member organizations such as KESWA. We also undertake social and community outreaches such as the Mr Red Ribbon pageant, the Gay and Lesbian Awards of Kenya (KeGALA) among others