Number of positions: One (1)
Reports to: Programmes Manager
Working Hours: Full time
The Accountant will be responsible for offering financial services assigned. He/she will work to improve the proper operations, management and functioning of the Finance department.
The incumbent will oversee the Finance & Admin department and report directly to Program’s manager, while working closely on a daily basis in collaboration with other officers in the performance of his/her duties and responsibilities.
Key Points of Communication: Finance and Admin Officer, Sub-program manager and the HOYMAS senior program officers.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
▪ Writing of cheques and cheque remittance advice, ensuring that all relevant documents are attached and dully approved, e.g. invoices, delivery notes, goods received notes (GRNs), credit notes, purchase order/ contracts, quotation analysis, quotations, demand forms etc.
▪ Maintain Cash book (daily basis) and mark “Posted” in the voucher after entry in Quickbooks.
▪ Monthly preparation of staff payroll/ incentive.
▪ Timely writing of statutory payroll deduction cheques.
▪ Maintaining the cheques register and dispatching of the cheques to vendors or user departments as the case may be.
▪ Verification of the petty cash counts.
▪ Preparation of bank reconciliations on receipt of the bank statements, ensuring that all direct debits are recorded and/or investigated with the bank and should be resolved by the following month.
▪ Cash withdrawals from the banks and coordination of the same.
▪ Reconciliation of personal advance accounts and filing of the schedule on a monthly basis.
▪ Verification of data entries into Quickbooks. Checking the accuracy, completeness of data, amounts and ACCPAC codes before posting on a monthly basis.
▪ Overseeing the annual physical stock counts, writing the report and holding briefings.
▪ Proper filing of all documents pertaining to the above tasks ensuring all paid vouchers are stamped ‘Paid’
▪ Hand -on experience with spreadsheet and financial reports
▪ Any other duties as may be assigned by the Finance officer.
▪Minimum CPA Part 2 or,ACCA Part 2
Relevant Experience and skills
▪ At least two (2) years working experience in a finance office, NGO experience is an added advantage.
▪ Strong interpersonal skills and a good team player.
▪ High level of integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
▪ Ability to tolerate cultural, educational and religious diversity in the work place.
▪ Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
▪ Good analytical and problem solving skills.
▪ Ability to work independently with guidelines and clear expectations.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.Complete applications must include a CV, 2 referees, together with the supporting documents.
Click here to download PDF.
The CLOSING DATE for this application is 28th March 2018
HOYMAS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition, HOYMAS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.