Accepting applications from: 8th Feb 2019 to 14th Feb 2019
Reports to: The Director
Health Options for Young Men on HIV/AIDS/STIs in Kenya (HOYMAS -Kenya) was formed in May 2009 by Male Sex Workers and people living with HIV and AIDS and is registered as a Community Based Organization (CBO) by the Ministry of Social Services and Gender. HOYMAS serves male sex workers and young men and MSM with practical knowledge on safe sex, preventive materials distribution, general information and also economic empowerment.
The position is responsible for ensuring effective and efficient Program development, implementation, and management (including operations and administration) of the organization’s projects in all the target areas. The incumbent will work in close collaboration with the Director to articulate both organizational and program Policy & guidelines and influencing the roll-out of the same. In close collaboration with the director, the officer will provide technical and programmatic oversight for all activities implemented through direct or indirect support of the organization. This includes responsibility over project design, implementation and monitoring quality services.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Spearhead the development and implementation of the Organizations’ strategic and business plans.
- Oversee the development and implementation of strategies that support program work in HOYMAS Kenya.
- Ensure prudent management and use of resources allocated for implementation of Program activities.
- Create a positive and enabling working environment to support effective implementation of Program activities.
- Provide regular updates to the Senior Management Team on Program implementation issues, technical insights and direction.
- Facilitate the development of annual operating and work plans, management plans and budgets.
- Synthesize lessons and experiences for continuous improvement of program approaches and methodologies within the organization and its affiliates, and for sharing both within the organization and externally.
- Manage the overall technical program planning, implementation, quality assurance and monitoring of field activities.
- Develop systems to ensure effective provision of quality program interventions Provide supervision for quantitative data collection activities
- Support the development and execution of fundraising plans including the identification of resource requirements.
- Support Programme Management team with mid – term and final evaluation data requirements
- Degree in Project management
- At least 3 years’ of professional experience in a similar position in a related field in an NGO
- A critical understanding of and deep commitment to social/community work and projects management
- Demonstrate ability to work within a team environment and project coordination experience
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of constituents and have an understanding of issues of privilege, oppression and marginalized communities
- Ability to create rapport and manage work relationships with Key Population groups
- Flexibility in working hours including weekends and willingness to assume a range of unanticipated tasks
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office
- Fluent Swahili and Proficient English;
- Develops high levels of credibility and accountability
Applications should be submitted on or before 14th February, 2019.
The application can be sent via email firstname.lastname@example.org OR it can be dropped at the HOYMAS Offices
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of the credential and names and contact of three referees.
Persons who identify as SOGIE are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.